Mom and I woke up early today to go to Naic, Cavite for Lola's birthday.
Since dad isn't here we had to take the bus from Baclaran. Big air conditioned buses now travel to Naic. When I was a kid my other grandmother and I had to ride the "baby bus" (these are stainless steel small buses) to go straight into Naic town proper or wait for the Saulog bus that goes to Ternate but passes by Naic (then you have to ride the "honda" or a tricycle to go into town).
I was waiting for mom who was inside a cramped flower shop across the street and noticed that there seems to be more than 1 "honda" per person available in town. There are just too many of them on the streets to earn properly.
Anyway the flower arranging was taking some time so I decided to listen to an audiobook. A short elderly man came out of nowhere and stood beside me and tapped my arm.
Lolo: anong hinihintay mo?
Me: (pointing to the flower shop across the street) bulaklak po
Lolo: para saan?
Me: sa puntod po.
Lolo: sa panchong?
Me: (forgot that's how they call a cemetery) Opo.
Lolo: walks away slowly...
So odd. Usually old women would come up to me when I was smaller especially when I'm with my Lola. Never an old man. I miss my Lola's.
This is a photo of the church in Naic which I really like because it's old and nicely renovated. I read in the Naic Facebook page that the church was bombed in 1942 because the Japanese used it as headquarters in WWII with canyons all the way from Corregidor. The altar was ruined and the ceiling collapsed but was rebuilt after the war.
Bow.

No comments:
Post a Comment