Saturday, October 02, 2010

Cool Tools

If you are friends with me, then you would know that I love checking out hardware stores as much as I like checking out bookstores.

I was doing my usual run down of favorite sites and a major major backlog of new posts when I saw this:


What is it? They're burlap sacks with water absorbing polymer crystals inside. Click the link to know how the crystals work :)


Features:
  • Expands in 3-5 minutes
  • Bio-degradable, non-toxic and earth friendly
  • Dry Stormbag Dimensions: 13.5" W x 22" L
  • Wet Stormbag Dimensions: 11.5" W x 20" L x 5" H
  • Weight of case: 58 lbs.

Instructions:
  • Store in a cool, dry location and keep from freezing
  • Fresh water use only
  • Submerge in fresh water – the bag will expand from 16 oz. to approximately 30 lbs. in 3-5 minutes for immediate use
  • Easily dispose of the Polymer after use, cut open the bag and spread the polymer around your plants, trees etc. It slowly releases water over time, making it great for watering.

Wonderful isnt it? Especially for someone who was affected by Ondoy last year!

No comments: