I was surfing the net a couple of days ago when I came across photos of mango sago. I've never had this in my life and it seems easy to do. I looked for instructions on how to make it, listed the ingredients (on my ipod but now a days that's the same shit). We live near Cash & Carry and I am almost always there for all kinds of reasons. I was there yesterday and decided to grab everything that was needed to make the dessert.
I followed The Lazy Chef's instructions on how to make mango sago. Her blog name and description (" If she can do it, so can you.") made me choose her (that and the fact that she's the first on the list of mango sago recipes that came up from my search hehe.)
Ingredients
- 600gm mango (2 mangoes)
- 400ml mango juice (I used 340ml Gina Mango Nectar since that's all we had)
- 125ml evaporated milk
- 80g sago pearls (we had the small pearls)
- 250ml water
- 2~3 tbsp sugar (only used about 2 since we don't like em sweet)
- 1 tbsp cornflour/tapioca starch
- 1 tbsp water
- extra 100ml water
- Boil about 3 cups of water in a saucepan. Add in sago pearls and bring to boil.
- Once it boils, cover saucepan and turn off heat. Leave for 20 minutes.
- Remove the lid, stir the mixture, turn on the heat and bring it to boil again.
- Once it boils the second time, cover again, turn off the heat and leave covered for 10 minutes. The sago should be cooked by now.
- Drain the sago from the hot water and rinse. Soak in cold water (to stop it cooking further). When completely cool drain again and set aside.

No comments:
Post a Comment