Monday, August 22, 2011

Zombadings1: Patayin Sa Shokot Si Remington

 My whole weekend was spent at Fort Bonifacio Global City.  I was at Fullybooked Fort Bonifacio Friday, August 19 to support the preview of RPG with my friends and saw the poster of Zombadings which was set to preview on the 21st (I remember reading about it on Facebook and seeing the teaser late last year on youtube).  Eloi bought us tickets to see the Zombadings preview and I am glad that we saw it.

The movie was about a boy named Remington who did not like baklas and was cursed by Roderick Paulate to be one in the future, a serial killer that kills only gay men with a Gay-dar, a pretty girl from Manila who's grieving-in-line-skating-mother is Eugene Domingo, and of course the Zom-badings.  

The movie was funny from start to finish.  I was kind of surprised that I actually liked the actor who played Remington.  He should get more comedy roles instead of drama and be like Roderick Paulate after this.

Writer Raymond Lee (Tanging Yaman) was there for the screening and for Q&A. When asked about how he came up with the story, he said while he was on vacation in Lucban, Quezon a boy called out to him and said 'Ay! Bakla, bakla!' which became the premise.  He completed the story with writer Michiko Yamamoto (Magnifico) and Director Jade Castro.

The movie is set to open nationwide on August 31, 2011.  They do not have funding to show the trailer on tv and are relying on people who've been to screenings and the Cinemalaya preview to spread the word.  

Movie Teaser



No comments: